Apply for COVID Emergency Relief Grants
In light of the devastating impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have dedicated our 2020 grant program to disaster relief in Three Rivers communities. Through our Emergency Relief Fund, we are providing grants to support nonprofits and local units of government serving Three Rivers residents in these focus areas:
• Helping those whose jobs are affected or will be affected by the pandemic in the near future.
• Helping those who face food scarcity.
• Helping those whose household utilities or housing may be affected, and more.
Grants are available immediately until funds are depleted.
In 2021, we will resume our usual grant program, providing grants of $250 to $7500 to support local non-profit organizations in bringing needed services to the community. If you are a local 501(c)(3) organization, school or government agency seeking funds to start or grow programs that align with the TRCF focus areas described below, we invite you to apply for a grant in 2021. Grant applications will be accepted from May 1 to July 15, 2021. Grant recipients will be notified in August.
TRCF awards grants to non-profit organizations of all sizes, with diverse missions. The common criteria for all grants is that they improve quality of life and strengthen Three Rivers communities in at least one of these four areas. If you are not sure your project qualifies, we encourage you to contact us to discuss it. We are a pay-it-forward foundation, committed to returning the proceeds of our endowment for the betterment of our local community.
Social, Cultural and Leisure
To enhance educational opportunities, enrich the artistic and cultural climate, increase and diversify recreational opportunities.
Education and Lifelong Learning
Grants are available for programs that improve the quality, scope and accessibility of educational programming to residents in the service area.
Public Issues and Information
Grants can help fund citizen-led initiatives that enable thoughtful, non-partisan analysis of important community issues, particularly those that clarify and build consensus on resolving pressing community issues.
Projects that improve the quality, accessibility and efficiency of health care service; to impact positively the housing, safety, employment and other needs of vulnerable youth, elderly and low-income people; or to lessen human suffering by building the ability of people to improve their lives.
How to Apply
You can submit your application through the Initiative Foundation Online Grant System.
1. Create an account and answer a few questions to verify that your project is eligible.
2. Complete the application form to give us all the details about your project and funding needs.
3. Upload these required attachments with your application.
- Project Budget
- IRS 501(c)(3) Tax Determination Letter OR
- If utilizing a fiscal host, attach both the IRS 501(c)(3) Tax Determination Letter AND a letter from the fiscal host accepting responsibility for this grant
- Note: We accept files in doc, docx, xlsx or PDF format.
4. Review and submit your proposal. Once you have filled out the application and uploaded the required attachments, select “Review & Submit.” This will take you to the “Review Application” page. If everything is correct, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page to complete your application. Please make sure your application is complete and the required documents are attached before clicking “Submit.” You will not be able to retrieve or edit your application once it has been submitted.
Tips for Completing Your Application
- If you can’t complete the entire application at one time, you can save your work to finish it later. Select “Save & Finish Later” before exiting the system.
- Remember to upload your attachments before submitting your application.
- If you wish, print a copy of your application for your records. A copy also will be included in your confirmation email.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your proposal was received. Please ensure firstname.lastname@example.org is on your safe list.
Grant Application Details
Grants Application Date: Opens May 1 each year
Application Deadline: Closes July 15 each year
Apply For Grants
TRCF awards grants of $250 to $7500 to support local non-profit organizations in bringing needed services to the community. If you are a local 501(c)(3) organization, school or government agency seeking funds to start or grow programs that align with the TRCF focus areas described below, we invite you to apply for a 2019 grant.
Grant Application Deadline
Grant applications are accepted from May 1 to July 15. Grant recipients will be notified in August.