Application Deadline July 18, 2014
The 2013 grant recipients were:
- Community Aid of Elk River: Kidz Kitz supplemental summer food packages: $5,000
- Elk River Area School District: Early Childhood Family Education – Strengthening Family Ties Program offering resources for young and/or single parents: $3,600
- Rivers of Hope: Empowerment and Legal Advocacy Program for victims of domestic violence: $3,500
- Friends of Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge: Expansion of Elk River Early Childhood Program’s Nature Explore Center: $3,500
- Cura Center Inc. dba New Beginnings: Successful Transitions Program for homeless or at-risk pregnant women, new mothers and their babies, including group education and life skills training: $3,100
- Great River Family Promise: Transportation Support for low income/homeless families: $3,000
- CROSS Food Shelf: Housing Assistance Fund: emergency financial housing support for families with children with disabilities: $2,600
- Faith In Action Greater Sherburne County: Increasing Community & Professional Supports For Hurting Families & Individuals : $2,600
- Camps of Courage & Friendship: Assistance for programs and camps for families with children with disabilities: $2,500
- HIS Healing Heart: Hope & healing for Victims of Abuse Project (Equine Therapy): $2,100
- 728 Cadets, Inc.: 728 Cadets Scholarship & Musical Enhancement: $2,100
- Elk River Area School District: Ivan Sand Community High School Computer Needs: $1,600
- Elk River YMCA: Youth Activity Center/Leaders Club program: $1,100
For a complete list of previous grant recipients, go here.
To complete our printable application click here
Online Application Instructions & Tips
Step 1 – Visit our website: www.trcommunityfoundation.com
Step 2 – Create an Account & Log-in
You are required to create an account (with an email address and password) in order to access your organization’s applications, reporting requirements and monitor their submission.
- To create an account visit the Grants page on our website and click the “Create an Account” button.
- You will be asked to create a log-in ID and password for that account. Once your account has been created you should receive an email at the address provided with your account information.
- Keep a record of your Account Log-in ID and Password as this same login information will be used for all future requests and reporting.
- We recommend one account per organization — please make sure that if other staff will be accessing the application they have access to this email address and password.
Step 3 – Start a New Application
- To begin a new application visit the Grants page on our website and click the “Start a New Application” button.
- Log into your online account using the log-in ID and password created in Step 2.
- Complete a brief eligibility quiz to determine your project’s fit for grant funding.
Step 4 – Save and/or Submit an Application
Saving and Finishing Later:
If you are unable to complete the entire application, you have the option of saving your work and completing the application at a later time.
- At the bottom of each page is a button to “Save & Finish Later”. Click on the button.
- You will be brought to your “My Account Page” where you will see the name of the application and the date it was last updated.
- There is no “log out” button. You will be automatically logged out when you close your web browser or when you click the “Exit” button on the top right corner of the screen.
Retrieving a Saved Application:
Visit https://www.GrantRequest.com/SID_1411 and login. After logging in, you will be brought to the “My Account” page where you can manage applications that are in-progress or have been submitted. That page should look something like this:
If you see multiple instances of the same application and you are NOT submitting a proposal for multiple programs, you probably initiated a new one when there was already one started. To delete an application, click on the garbage can located under the “Action” column.
Submitting an Application:
Once you have completed all requirements of the application and you are satisfied with your answers you must click “Submit” at the bottom of the Review and Submit page. The application will not be sent for review until you hit the “Submit” button! Once submitted, you should receive a confirmation email.
- Remember to upload your attachments before submitting your application!
- If you wish, print a copy of your application for your records. A copy will also be included in the confirmation email that you’ll receive once your inquiry or application is submitted.
Save & Finish Later – At the bottom of any page of the application, you can click “Save & Finish Later”. By selecting this button, it will save the data entered to date and you will be able to return later to complete your application.
Review My Application – Fields from all pages of the application are listed on one page. You may change the data in any field.
Printer-Friendly Version – Allows organizations to print the application including all questions and answers in the order they appear on the application form.
Review & Submit – Allows you to review your application and then automatically submit it. Do not select this unless your application is complete.
Submit – Do not click on the “Submit” button until you are completely done with your application and have uploaded the required attachments! You will not be able to retrieve or edit your application once you have submitted it.
If you have questions about our online grant application system or experience technical issues, please contact Kristi Ackley at firstname.lastname@example.org, (320) 632-9255 ext. 2062.